Thursday, October 18, 2012

Letters to Disney Characters...No Longer Available



I was hoping to share a cool, fun "offer" that I found posted on different persons blogs out there (mainly Couponing to Disney). Apparently, many moons ago, Disney used to accept character fan mail and would then turn around and send you a signed postcard from that character. Such an awesome idea...wish I had known about it sooner! Before I would actually share this awesome info. with you, I decided to do a little research. Other than the few random blogs/comments I came across, I couldn't find any "official" information on any legitimate Disney websites. So I decided to actually contact them directly and get the scoop from them. Turns out, this "service" is no longer offered! How freaking sad am I? 

Here's the actual email response I received:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

We were very pleased to receive your message. As you may know, our Disney characters are kept very busy greeting the many guests who come to Walt Disney World each day. Since time doesn't allow the characters to personally write back to their  fans, we no longer have character fan mail. However, we are very glad to have special friends like you!

If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Booh Gitonga
WDW Online Communications

So, now I'm like seriously bummed...although how amazingly "Disney-like" is that email? Such a super-tastic fantabulous way to say, "Bug off...Don't waste your time...or ours..." and how spectacular is this person's name? Seriously...love it!!

But, back to my sadness...having just had a little one, I had already envisioned plastering the walls with all kinds of autographed postcards from all the Disney characters only to find my hopes and dreams obliterated by this simple, albeit cheery, email! 

So...Just thought I'd share my findings and let you all know that, as of right now, this fun service is no longer available...lots of people forwarding this information around out there (good ole Pinterest)...just want to save people some serious disappointment when they don't receive a postcard back!

Now, of course, I am totally known for my stubborn ways, so despite the email response I received, I may just go ahead and "learn the hard way" and give it a shot anyways just to see what happens! (yeah, I'm a rebel like that!)

Here's two of the addresses I found and the email address I used to contact them:

Disneyland Resort Guest Communications
Attn: Character Fan Mail
P.O. Box 3232
Anaheim, CA 92803-3232
USA

Walt Disney World Resort
Attn: Character Fan Mail
P.O Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL. 32830-0040

guest.mail@wdw.disneyonline.com

Just to be fair, I did find the following website where apparently you can purchase and create your own postcards, but what the heck kind of fun is that?



No comments: